Oi-Wah Whitbourne, MA, CPC (Certified Professional Counsellor)
I have been involved in helping people professionally and in ministry for over 26 years – 14 of those spent overseas (Philippines and India). I have completed the master program at Providence Theological Seminary in Counselling and Psychology. Since 2002, I have been practicing counselling among women in the Calgary area.
I have now expanded my counselling practice to include couples. I believe many marriages are facing challenges. One statistic shows that 50% of marriages will end in divorce. The break up rate would be higher if live-in relationships are included.
I speak mainly English and conversational Cantonese.
- A Certified member ofProfessional Association of Christian Counsellors & Psychotherapists (www.paccp.ca).
- Member of Psychology Today (www.psychologytoday.com)
- Member of ICEEFT (International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy) (www.iceeft.com)
- A Member of Goodtherapy (www.goodtherapy.org)
Providing counselling services to women and couples that enable them to grow and change
3015A-21 Street, NE Calgary, AB T2E-7T1
- Support and walk alongside women in their healing journeys.
- Help women to discover their personal, rational, volitional and emotional capacities in order to move towards change.
- Help couples to improve their relationships as they learn to stop the vicious cycle of conflicts and express their emotions & needs to each other.
- Facilitate support groups for women who have experienced abuse and support groups for anyone who is in his/her grief journey.